Monday, July 18, 2016

Goodbye to Hampstead

Hi Everyone!

This week has been really good! Many updates on lovely individuals are to be had!

First update, I'm being transferred from Hampstead! So bittersweet. I'm super thankful that I got to have a transfer being Sister Gudmundson's companion, she is stellar. I'll be serving in the Baltimore YSA (Young Single Adult) ward with Sister Tripple! Sister Tripple was serving in my zone during the time I was with Sister Bartschi, I love her already, this is going to be lots of fun!!! So many good things lie ahead! We shall work hard and it shall be awesome. (:
Sisters Rapier and Gudmundson with Sister Taggart

Another update, we went to Sister Taggart's house again this week. She is such a doll! Her smile was so big when she saw us, you have no idea how great it is to visit someone who's really happy to see you! We had a really great discussion about faith, hope, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We were just starting to read Moroni 7 when the phone rang. Sister Taggart ignored it, but soon enough Chris walked up the stairs holding a handset, the call was for Sister Taggart. We were more than a little bit apprehensive, but what we saw set us at ease. Chris had a completely different attitude. He was very polite, hesitating greatly to interject. When he handed the phone to Sister Taggart, he gave us a timid smile, and then quietly slipped away. After Sister Taggart had taken the call, she told us that she had talked to Chris and had reminded him that it's a blessing to have someone who's willing to come into a home and to help a family understand the scriptures. 

From observing his demeanor when we saw him on Tuesday, I'm guessing that he had absolutely no idea how harshly he had come across until his mom told him. When we saw Sister Taggart on Sunday, she came bearing a message of thanks from Chris and Kay for the Tait cookies we had left on Tuesday. 

It made me feel good to know that they liked the cookies, and also ashamed about how I had reacted to the whole ordeal a week ago. In that moment of feeling so attacked, I forgot one of the most important and fundamental truths of the gospel, which is that God loves everyone regardless of who they are and what they've done, so we are to love everyone, no matter what they've done or how badly we feel they've hurt us. For are we not all children of God, and do we not rely on him for every breath and each tender mercy of life? We are, and we do. 

Heavenly Father must have unfathomable love for us and a great sense of humor. Watching me each day must be to Him a little bit like watching a small child try to get dressed, pulling her pants onto her little head. Endearing, especially when the child decides to turn and ask for help. Perhaps that's why it's so important to Heavenly Father that we pray, so that he can help us when we need it, which in all honesty is pretty much always. I don't know about you, but I haven't a clue how to do life half of the time. So many unexpected twists and turns. Ah, life. This experience has been a testimony to me that repentance is real! People truly do change their views of themselves, others, and the world, and they do it all the time! I cannot tell you how extraordinarily grateful I am to have had the opportunity to recognize my error before leaving Hampstead. Chris is, after all that's been said and done, a good man with human foibles who is willing to change. It's never too late to put on the dinosaur costume the right way. (:

Anyway, much love, I must scurry.

Sending sunshine in your general direction,

Sister Naomi Rapier

Naomi with Sister Cindy
Naomi, Cindy, and Sister Gudmundson


















Outhouses are real!
Cat on head,..why not?
















P. S. For any of you who like the Book of Mormon, timelines, advanced color coding, projects that take a long time to complete, or all of the above, here is a Book of Mormon timeline that Sister Gudmundson made, comprehensive and with scripture references for everything! May I just say, that's my companion!!!!! I am seriously so wow-ed by this, it took her a year to make. I was her companion when she finished. Coincidence? I think not! It must mean that you all need a copy too!


Jaredites Timeline: 1 of 7
Jaredites Timeline: 2 of 7
Jaredites Timeline 3 of 7
Jaredites Timeline: 4 of 7
Jaredites Timeline: 5 of 7
Jaredites Timeline: 6 of 7
Jaredites Timeline: 7 of 7


No comments:

Post a Comment