Monday, August 8, 2016

Out and About in Townson

Hey family and friends!

This week was pretty good, more than a little nutty. 

Towson is a suburb of Baltimore; our area is about 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore. It is a super interesting place. I've never been in a big city for an extended period of time, let alone lived in one! Good thing that I'm used to driving in nutty traffic, like we always had to drive in to get to school. That's pretty much how driving is all the time here, and this is the first time I've driven in six months!! It's a little bit anxiety provoking. Aaaaa. 

The people in Baltimore are all very proud of who they are! I love that most people here don't put on fake faces. How do I know this? Trust me, you can tell. We were taking the light rail to district meeting last week and there was this guy sitting behind us, just rapping away. On the light rail. To himself. It was pretty funny.

Exchanges happened this week, and they were HEAVEN SENT. Being with Sister Hokafonu was so good, she is AMAZING. She's a Polynesian from California, and her testimony is rock solid. She loved me and listened to me and we got to do some good work together! She is one of my angels on this side of the veil, I think. We found a new investigator for the Jones Falls Sisters; a sweet, eccentric lady in her 50's.

Sister Tripple often says random things that she's thinking about which don't necessarily relate to what's going on. I guess it's about time I got a taste of my own medicine; usually I'm the one confusing everyone else! XD Some funny Sister Tripple quotes that brightened my week:

(Scene: walking in from working for dinner; Sister Tripple is kicking off her shoes and setting down her bag.)
Sister T: "Flirt to convert."
Sister R: "Oh, who are we flirting with today?"
Sister T: "Just myself."

(Scene: Sister Rapier laying on the floor writing in journal in living room. Sister Tripple quietly boiling sweet potatoes in adjoining kitchen.) 
Sister T: "Not today, Satan!"
Sister R: "What?"
Sister T: "I like talking out loud to Satan to let him know that I know he's there."
Sister R: "What's he trying to get you to do today?"
Sister T: "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to tell him that he's not a part of my life today."

I laughed so hard after each of the conversations!!!! Best. quotes. ever. (:

If any of you have favorite scripture passages or encouraging quotes or thoughts I would love to hear them! It's been a bit of a hard week and I need some extra positivity in my life.

Love always,

Sister Naomi Rapier

Exchanges with Sisters Tripp, not sure, Rapier and Hokafonu
Hanging with the Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment