Monday, February 22, 2016

The "Igle"

Dear Framiriendsy,

This week I send cordial greetings to you all!

My dear mother has pointed out that I've been quite neglecting to talk about the lovely people that I'm teaching and who I interact with every day! Time for a few stories which may or may not be in order and may or may not be related.

Yesterday, we were visiting this sweet old couple, Eugene and Dot. Eugene was telling us a story, and this is what he said:
"We seen an Igle flyin' over the moun'un, it was real nice, and Ahvy turned to me and said, 'Gene? Is that an Igle?' and I done seen its white head so I told her, 'Yep Ahvy, that's and Igle."
It took us a few minutes to figure out that he and his granddaughter Ivy had seen an eagle flying over the mountains.

One of our investigators, Arianna, is very much like Claire, for any of y'all who know Claire. She makes many of the same faces and she has many questions. She's so sweet. (:

Yesterday I took a leap of faith and invited a woman named Joyce to be baptized in our first lesson with her. The sisters who were here before us apparently taught her some of the restoration, but we hadn't been able to actually teach her until yesterday. She accepted! Joyce wants to be baptized when she knows that these things are true. It's been remarkable to see the change in her countenance as she contemplates truly turning her life around.

Okay, I'm running quite short on time.

No squirrel stew yet, I'm still hopeful. The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is meatloaf inside of a bell pepper.

Love you all, Bye!

A little basketball practice...

Yoga day
Pranked by the elders - all yarned up

No comments:

Post a Comment