Monday, March 14, 2016

Just another week... IN WOODSTOCK!!!

Naomi’s second area is Woodstock, Virginia, which is located in the northwestern area of the state. Woodstock is the fourth oldest town in Virginia and is the county seat of Shenandoah County. The city’s population is about 5,000.

Her new companion is Sister Tait from Cedar City, Utah.



Hello Framiree,

I love you all so much!! I've been thinking about y'all today. Hey, I'm in Woodstock, VA!!! Not the Woodstock where the hippies congregated to get psychadelic and listen to music and stuff, that's in New York. Perks: we have TONS of civil war history here!! Also, a hitching post on a main road for your horses. Woodstock is that cool.

My new companion is Sister Tait. We think very much alike, and it's really fun!!
 This week, we were driving in the car, I expressed that I didn't like something, so don't give me any, there was a pause, then we both started singing, "Don't want no pop, no pop! Don't give me no juice, no juice! Just give me that milk, moo moo moo moo! Just give me that milk, moo moo moo moo!" Sister Tait took the words right out of my mouth, we were so in sync! #YWCamp

The people of Woodstock are wonderful!! Fun story: I have met someone here with worse dental hygiene than any that I came across in West Virginia. She has one half-black tooth smack in the middle of her top "row" of teeth. Plot twist!

Another fun story: in Woodstock, there is a woman who is investigating the church. Her name is Joyce. No, not the same Joyce we were teaching in Martinsburg. It's uncanny! They both have this incredible power to talk your ear off. Company+Joyce(either one)=JoyceVoice. Hehehe. Anyway, both lovely ladies! I met Woodstock Joyce on Thursday. She has bad knees and a fancy pistol in her toolbox. She didn't show us either, just told us about both. Joyce had a question about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ: why did God wait 1800 years to send a prophet after Jesus Christ and His apostles were all killed? Good question! In view of the lack of religious freedom in Eurasia at the time, it makes sense that God waited. We shared 1 Nephi 13:12-20 with her, and talked about how God prepared a way for religious freedom to be had and for the Book of Mormon to be able to come forth. Cool stuff! I love how verse 12 talks about Christopher Columbus.

My time has come to an end! Love you all!

Cheer and sunshine and love,

Sister Rapier

No comments:

Post a Comment